The Practice – Environmental Law
In India, in recent times, various Pollution Control Boards have been set up, with set guidelines and an objective to resolve environmental violations done by industrial setups in consonance with the Environmental Laws as set by the Government.
Elixir Legal Services has an expert team of Environmental lawyers in Mumbai, that is well adept with, including but not limited to, Environment (Protection) Act 1991, Water Act 1974, Air Act 1981, Biological Diversity Act 2002, Forest Act 1980.
Experience and Expertise
Our Environmental attorney and Energy, infrastructure, and natural resources lawyers have vast experience in this field and related compliances. We have defended multiple clients before the National Green Tribunals against the non-uniformity in levying compensations for them not being in consonance with the national laws. We have also defended clients before the Pollution Control Board, and other courts/quasi-judicial authorities. Working for clients from industries like oil and gas, cement, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, mining, automotive, and real estate; we handle environmental clearances and authorizations, pollution control, efficient resource management, conservation of water, consents and clearances, wildlife protection, biodiversity, forests, and climate change.
The Elixir Advantage
Our Environmental Law Practice is trusted widely to advise clients on existing and potential environmental risks of civil and criminal nature. As a niche in this area, we also have experienced Technical Experts in Environmental Law withstanding over 25 years, and who are adept with various compliances that are to be maintained in the nation. Our skilled Infrastructure and Energy practice helps clients pursue their strategic global objectives and help them to respond effectively to the changes happening in the industry.We have assisted various clients in setting up factories in compliance with Environmental Laws. We help strike a balance between our client’s business interests along with environmental conservation, which is the essence of sustainable development.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Environment (Protection) Act of 1986 and how does it impact environmental protection in India?
– The Environment (Protection) Act 1986 is a crucial piece of legislation in India that empowers the government to take measures to protect and improve the environment. It grants the central government the authority to regulate activities and standards for environmental preservation.
How do the Water Act of 1974 and the Air Act of 1981 contribute to environmental protection in India?
– The Water Act of 1974 and the Air Act of 1981 are instrumental in controlling and regulating water and air pollution. These laws establish standards, procedures, and authorities responsible for safeguarding water and air quality in India.
Can you explain the significance of the Biological Diversity Act 2002 in environmental conservation?
– The Biological Diversity Act 2002 aims to conserve biological diversity, regulate access to biological resources, and promote equitable sharing of benefits arising from the use of biological resources. It plays a pivotal role in preserving India’s rich biodiversity.
What is the Forest Act of 1980 and how does it contribute to environmental protection and forest conservation in India?
– The Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980 focuses on the conservation of forests and wildlife. It restricts diversion of forest land for non-forest purposes, helping to preserve the ecological balance and protect India’s forests.
How can an environmental law firm assist in matters related to these environmental acts and regulations in India?
– An environmental law firm can provide legal expertise and guidance to individuals, businesses, and organizations to ensure compliance with these acts and regulations. They can also represent clients in cases related to environmental protection and conservation.
What are the common environmental issues that businesses and individuals face in India, and how can a law firm address them?
– Common environmental issues in India include pollution, deforestation, habitat destruction, and biodiversity conservation. An environmental law firm can offer legal solutions to address these challenges and promote sustainable practices.
Can an environmental law firm assist in legal actions against environmental violations, such as pollution and non-compliance with environmental laws?
– Yes, environmental law firms can represent clients in legal actions against environmental violations, holding responsible parties accountable and seeking remedies for environmental damage.
How can individuals, businesses, and organizations initiate a consultation with an environmental law firm to address their specific environmental legal needs?
– To initiate a consultation, you can contact best environmental law firm through their website, by phone, or via email. They are ready to discuss your environmental legal concerns and provide tailored solutions to protect and conserve India’s environment.